Among Us developer Innersloth has been hard at work at working on new content for their ever-popular game. They released a new dev log with some teaser for some upcoming content to the game.
Below is the full Development Log Post. You can also view it on Among Us ‘s Steam page here.
Among Us Development Log
Not a lot of super exciting news for this dev log as we work on fixing bugs and getting everything ready for our next update. But here’s a quick run down of what we’ve been working on. Boop.
If you don’t see your bug mentioned here, know that we’re aware of them! (E.g. missing skins, lag, various visual glitches, etc.) Here’s a brief summary of what’s been fixed though:
- Airship uses proper background on Create Game screen now
- Authentication issues when players tried to sign in has been fixed on PC and mobile
- Ping counter re-added
- Region text no longer always shows North America, even when in other regions
- “PLAYERNAME left the game.” alignment fixed
- Other scaling/formatting issues fixed
- Miscellaneous fixes to accounts – mostly backend stuff
- Reflow in 2021.4.12 removed MismatchedProductUserIDs and NullContinuanceToken errors (multi account/device support)
- Vitals color bug has been “fixed” (vitals no longer shows color names at all)
Stuck on Quick Chat and changing your username? If you’ve created an Account (or gotten parental permission) and are logged in, you can change the chat in Settings and your name in the Account tab!
Progress Report- Art style: We’re working on an updated art style for Among Us! Don’t worry though, it’s not too different from what you’re used to. Just cleaner lines and other improvements that’ll make animating it on the backend easier. … But imagine how horrifying it would be if it looked like this though.
– 15 player lobbies: Gather all your friends because we’re going to expand the lobby sizes! (Don’t have enough friends? Then invite your enemies. Make new enemies. Everyone is now your enemy.)
– Colours: There are a total of 6 new colours coming to the update, which we’ll be revealing more in May. Considering all the colours we already have, it was actually kind of difficult to find colours that will automatically be visually distinct from all the other ones. But in terms of accessibility and colourblindness, we hope to move away from colours being the defining way people identify each other. We’re workshopping ideas for that though.
– New meeting screen: A bigger lobby means our old meeting screen won’t be able to handle all the new crewmates, so expect a bit of reworking there. There’ll also be a new intro when meetings are called that accentuates the information between the reporter and who exactly died between rounds, as seen below. Note the image below might not be final.
– General QoL update: We’ve been working with some partners to get our whole website revamped, which hopefully will give us a more centralized place to give you these updates and all our news. Plus we hope to get a better bug reporting system and general page where you can keep up to date on all the bug fixes we’ve been working on. It’s been all over the place so far, and having a more streamlined process will be easier for everyone!
That’s all for now! Thanks for the patience as we tackle all the bugs and get this crew wrangled in. Keep an eye out for more announcements in the future though… we’ve always got a little secret something in the works.
Victoria and the Innersloth Team
15 player lobbies will be huge for the game and really change the way the community plays the game but in a good way. It’s also enjoyable to think about how difficult it must have been to choose new colors. It’s something so simple yet pretty complex in its own way.
It’s awesome that some of the biggest games in the industry right now are games from small and passionate teams. Among Us is no exception to that and the game especially helps bring people together by being playable and popular on smartphones.
For everything else Among US, keep it here.