This newest snapshot packs a big punch in a small form. It only makes changes to the way that iron, gold, and copper ore drops when mined. But man, will it create a big change going forward.
Check out the patch notes below.
New Features in 21w14a
- Added Raw Copper, Raw Iron and Raw Gold items
- Tuff blobs can now be found between heights 0 and 16
Smeltable Ore Drops
- Ores that are smeltable now drop raw item forms of the ore instead of the ore block and these can be smelted just like before
- This is to prevent cluttering the inventory and have consistency with Fortune on all ores
- Ore blocks from old worlds and silk-touched ore blocks will continue to be smeltable
Changes in 21w14a
- Fully oxidized copper can now be waxed
Bugs fixed in 21w14a
- MC-203854 Fishing rod texture always looks like it has been cast when in the player’s hand
- MC-207173 Entering only colons into multiplayer Direct Connection & pressing enter crashes the game
- MC-210155 Command block output no longer is displayed immediately after running a command
- MC-213665 Crash upon attempting to generate a world with a height of 0 blocks
- MC-214287 Crash upon entering a nether portal when logical_height is set to 0 and min_y is set to 80 or greater
- MC-215120 World-gen datapacks can cause crashes when first generating world
- MC-216697 Having ‘min_y’ set to lower than -64 causes either a crash or the world not to behave correctly if the height limit wasn’t modified
- MC-217702 Game crashes (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException) during world feature placement / decoration
- MC-219849 Fishing doesn’t animate or render the rod, line, or bobber anymore
- MC-220652 IndexOutOfBound exception hard crash when loading a simple custom dimension datapack
- MC-221553 The end dimension generates differently than it did previously
- MC-221586 Excessive pillager spawning in pillager outposts
- MC-221673 Ocean monuments are completely empty
Check out wattles’ coverage of the new changes below.
I think this is such an awesome change.
It adds to the immersion of it all if that’s your sort of thing. Immersion aside, this is also great for in-game enchantment benefits, specifically Fortune. Iron and gold farming may not even be necessary once you get Fortune on a pickaxe.
And for those who liked the nostalgic look of smelting ore blocks, silk touch is your way to go.
Its been snapshot after snapshot recently. Are you excited for the next one already? Let us know in the comments.
For more on Minecraft, keep it here.