It wouldn’t be a day ending in “Y” if we didn’t have a Minecraft snapshot! Today’s snapshot focuses on some ore changes and cave spawning changes mainly.
Changes in 21w17a
- Small dripleaves can now also be placed on moss blocks
- Copper ore drops 2-3 raw copper when mined, or more when using a tool enchanted with Fortune
- Copper blocks are now crafted from 9 copper ingots
- Tweaked the texture of raw metal blocks
Changes to the Caves & Cliffs Preview
- Large Ore Veins have been tweaked
- Added thinner, squigglier, and more claustrophobic variant of spaghetti caves
Large Ore Veins
- Ore veins are now slightly rarer and slightly smaller (but they are still large!)
- The ores in the vein are clumpier and less evenly distributed
- If you are lucky you may find a raw ore block in the vein
Bugs fixed in 21w17a
- MC-170443 Banner copying recipe ignores existence of other items in crafting grid
- MC-187664 World border uses float to determine its size, making some border sizes inaccessible, and cannot be set to 30 million or beyond
- MC-201269 Constantly teleporting player to a phantom crashes the game/kicks the player
- MC-203570 Candles aren’t grouped in the recipe book
- MC-203745 Repeated teleport between dimensions causes the entity to duplicate on the client
- MC-204031 Waxed Cut Copper (any level of weathered) have two separate recipes in the recipe book
- MC-214187 Void platform generates multiple times
- MC-214735 Horse disappears when dying while riding it and reloading the world while it’s unloaded
- MC-214838 Big dripleaf stem remains after breaking a stem or leaf above it
- MC-214865 Floating islands world type generates extreme terrain
- MC-219155 Fishing line only starts on half distance between the fishing rod and bobber (Apple M1 only)
- MC-219840 You cannot unlock the recipe for Mossy Stone Bricks
- MC-219842 Recipes for mossy cobblestone and mossy stone bricks aren’t grouped
- MC-220033 (Parity issue) Hanging Roots can’t be waterlogged
- MC-221560 Copper/Coal Ore in Deepslate Patches aren’t Deepslate Ores
- MC-222008 Empty/missing template pool error grammar mistake
- MC-222520 Raw and Ore smelting previews aren’t grouped together
- MC-223055 Amethyst buds and cluster have an unused blockstate
- MC-223792 Shrinking world border with center past x/z 29999983 crashes the game
Check out wattles’ coverage of the new changes below.
The texture changes are very minor and not too noticeable, but I do feel that the fact that they keep tweaking them shows how excited the art department is about this new content.
I think the newly tweaked spaghetti caves look really cool and it will change the formula up for cave diving. With a ton of Minecraft ‘ s gameplay taking place underground, this formula change up could breathe a huge breath of fresh air for a lot of people.
Do these spaghetti caves have you hungry for the Caves and Cliffs Update? The summer can’t come soon enough!
For more on Minecraft, keep it here.