While not as exciting as our usual snapshot, content is content! We have a brand new snapshot for Minecraft, and with it comes some fun changes.
Check out the notes for today’s snapshot below.
Changes in 21w18a
- Infested Blocks are no longer instantly destroyed, and instead, have half the destroy time of their non-infested counterpart.
- Screaming goats will use their ram attack more often than other goats will
Changes to the Caves & Cliffs Preview
- Reduced copper spawning a bit, to compensate for large ore veins
- Large ore veins are slightly more rare and slightly smaller on average. But the size varies a lot so you can still find huge ones.
- Increased chance of finding raw ore blocks in ore veins
- Cave carvers generate below y 0 in ocean biomes (they didn’t before, it was an accident)
- Increased the minimum size of noodle caves and carvers, to make them easier to traverse and less likely to break up into fragments.
- Noodle caves no longer generate above y 30, so the surface should be less riddled with holes.
- Removed deepslate blobs above y 0
- Extended the vertical range of the smaller blobs of iron ore, to make it possible to find iron in caves near the surface.
- Slightly reduced the amount of normal-sized iron blobs, to compensate for large ore veins and the increased range of smaller blobs.
Bugs fixed in 21w18a
- MC-3587 Last use of an anvil causes player to drop their item
- MC-87935 When closing the inventory while holding an item with the cursor in Creative mode, the item disappears
- MC-125033 Old cave and ravine generation gets cut off unnaturally on chunk borders near water
- MC-162953 NativeImage bounds checks are incorrect
- MC-197616 Certain custom biome settings cause game to spam “Received invalid biome id: -1” in the console, causing major lag or freeze
- MC-204707 Adventure mode players can extinguish candles
- MC-204969 No “Burning” sound for items burning in lava cauldron
- MC-205797 Zoglins attack Marker armor stands and Invisible armor stands
- MC-206560 Pufferfish react to Marker armor stands and Invisible armor stands
- MC-208430 Minecraft crashes when loading resource pack due to “tessellating block model”
- MC-208679 Axolotl inconsistently doesn’t show its mouth in-game
- MC-211064 Loading in a TrueTypeFont with an out-of-bounds size crashes the game
- MC-214159 Small Dripleaf sometimes shrink into smaller (1 block tall) Big Dripleaf when using bone meal
- MC-214427 Spore Blossoms can be used to breathe underwater / cannot be waterlogged
- MC-214793 Some strips of chunks generate completely dark
- MC-214808 World occasionally fails to load correctly
- MC-214860 Some chunks in a line are lit up constantly
- MC-214898 Extreme world generation lag
- MC-215867 Crash: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Chunk not there when requested
- MC-215946 Game fatally crashed while exploring chunks (IllegalStateException: Accessing PalettedContainer from multiple threads)
- MC-216148 Some chunks occasionally don’t save properly, resetting progress
- MC-221647 Goat Babies Don’t Follow Parents
- MC-221725 Legs of goats move differently
- MC-221727 Goat eye height is outside of its hitbox while airborne
- MC-221840 Goats can still do high jumps normally when on honey blocks
- MC-222151 Goat head animation is weird when it rides a boat
- MC-222157 Eye position of the goat is too high in some cases, causing suffocation
- MC-222458 UVs on the goat’s ears aren’t mirrored as they should be
- MC-223141 Piglins aren’t attracted to a Block of Raw Gold
- MC-223145 Piglins aren’t angered when mining a Block of Raw Gold
- MC-223150 Goats ram Marker armor stands & Invisible armor stands
- MC-223178 Deepslate Tile Stairs come before Deepslate Brick Stairs in the creative inventory
- MC-223203 Deepslate ore map colors are inconsistent with deepslate
- MC-223239 Ramming sound that comes from a baby goat does not change pitch
- MC-223422 When removing water from base of Small Dripleaf, the block stands without water untill a block update
- MC-224401 Mob death does not show death particles
- MC-224428 Raw ore blocks can generate as floating blocks in ore veins
Check out wattles’ coverage of the new changes below.
This wasn’t the largest snapshot we’ve seen, but I do think it’s really cool that they’re adding some depth to the goats. It makes me want them to revisit some older mobs like pigs and cows and maybe give them a bit more personality.
How are you liking the new goat mob so far? Let us know in the comments!
For more on Minecraft, keep it here.