Minecraft Snapshot 21w19a is on it’s way along with some disappointing news as well as some technical changes.
Check out the official patch notes for the recently released Minecraft Snapshot 21w19a below.
Snapshot 21w19a Patch Notes
With Minecraft Snapshot 21w19a, Candles, Bundles, and Sculk Sensors are only accessible through commands. We do not feel that they are at the quality we want for Part 1 of the Caves & Cliffs release. To keep trying these features out in survival mode, use the Preview data pack!
Changes in Snapshot 21w19a
- The maximum length of item names in the anvil UI has been increased from 35 to 50
- Made geodes significantly rarer
- Unfinished items (Sculk Sensor, Bundle and Candles) have been removed from the creative inventory
- Recipes for unfinished items (Bundle, Candles) have been removed
Changes to the Caves & Cliffs Preview
Download the updated datapack.
- The pack now includes recipes related to bundles and candles
Technical changes in Snapshot 21w19a
- Upgraded to Java 16
mineable/shovelblock tags. Blocks with these tags can be destroyed more quickly with the matching tool.
needs_diamond_toolblock tags. If a block requires the correct tool to drop, these tags determine which tier of that tool is required.
- Changed the syntax of the
Minecraft now uses a more recent version of Java. If you are using a default setup the Launcher will download and install the correct version. If you are using a custom Java setup or a third-party launcher, you will need to ensure that your Java installation is version 16 or above.
/item replace <target> with <item stack> [<count>]– same as old
/item replace <target> from <source> [<modifier>]– copies item for source to target(s), optionally applying modifier
/item modify <target> <modifier>– modifies item (without copying)
/item replace block ~ ~ ~ container.0 from entity @s enderchest.0 will copy first item from player’s enderchest to first slot of container player is currently standing on.
Bugs fixed in 21w19a
- MC-105080 Ender Dragon is respawned if all Exit End Portal blocks are removed / legacy scanning is done for worlds with new dragon fight
- MC-136647 Leads don’t work with Squids
- MC-200009 Crash when using a non-mushroom block in a huge mushroom feature’s cap
- MC-203606 “X Candle Cake” should be “Cake with X Candle”
- MC-203718 Lightning rod stays activated when struck by lighting at the same time as being moved by a piston
- MC-203757 Anvil character limit is too low for items with long names
- MC-204244 Sheep are rendered like white sheared sheep through tinted glass blocks
- MC-205626 The command syntax order of /item is inconsistent
- MC-208663 Pufferfish don’t defend themselves from axolotls
- MC-208740 Withers attack axolotls that are playing dead
- MC-209533 Amethyst shard is not grouped with other gemstones in the Creative inventory
- MC-212206 Shulkers generating outside the world border bug out when trying to spawn
- MC-213774 Hanging roots float in your hand
- MC-213922 Shulkers are not spawned in the correct place
- MC-213943 Flying slightly above a big dripleaf can cause it to tilt without touching it
- MC-214127 Despite being a type of berry plant, bees don’t pollinate cave vines
- MC-214220 Items in water streams don’t fall from big dripleaves, but constantly try
- MC-214283 Hanging roots break sound event uses break3 twice, excluding break4
- MC-217626 Spore blossom is positioned rather strangely among flowers in Creative
- MC-219445 Bonemealing big dripleaf in flowing water doesn’t update the water
- MC-219873 Lightning Bolt detecting lightning rod incorrectly
- MC-220106 Lightning hitting an entity on copper slabs on top another copper block fully cleans the bottom block first
- MC-220215 Opening a shulker box while an entity is standing on top of it pushes it too high for a short amount of time
- MC-221309 Experience orbs produce particles whilst moving through powder snow
- MC-221756 Snow particles do not render at all when the block light level is 7 or more
- MC-221844 Powder snow doesn’t produce particles when broken by burning mobs
- MC-221957 Pick Block used on a level 15 light block returns a different item from the default light block
- MC-222738 Leads don’t work with Glow Squids
- MC-222882 Spyglass in Search tab of creative inventory is mixed with block types instead of tools where it belongs
- MC-223132 Powder snow doesn’t produce a breaking sound or subtitle, when destroyed through extinguishing a burning player, mob, or flame arrow
- MC-223171 Budding Amethyst and Copper variants are far away in the creative inventory
- MC-223227 Floating water caves in caves under the ocean
- MC-223446 Shulkers appear in the wrong place when riding an entity
- MC-223820 Azalea & Flowering Azalea aren’t part of the block or item tags for #saplings
- MC-223907 Moss block appears in the #lush_ground_replaceable.json twice
- MC-224322 Powder snow can create ghost blocks in creative mode
- MC-224325 minecraft.used:minecraft.COMPOSTABLE_ITEM doesn’t increase when placing an item into a composter
- MC-224388 Ores and raw materials in smelting preview are off center
- MC-224389 Copper Ingots are no longer grouped in the crafting table
- MC-224927 Infested blocks take twice as long instead of half the time
- MC-224972 Infested blocks have no effective tool
- MC-225025 Server side performance drop with dragon’s breath area effect clouds
Check out wattles’ coverage of the new changes below.
It is very disappointing, in my opinion, to see more items/content delayed from the first Caves and Cliffs Update.
It’s worth asking if Mojang has a tendency to overtune items during patch periods when taking into account the type of game Minecraft is.
At this point, hopefully we will be seeing the update early summer to avoid any more cut content.
Be sure to swing by next week to see what Mojang has in store for the next snapshot!
For more on Minecraft, keep it here.