Bonemass and The Elder get a face lift in Valheim’s latest update; all you need to know, and more, below.
For the full rundown of the official patch notes, head over here.
Patch Notes – 0.153.2
Good day, today we have a fine selection of fixes and tweaks for you guys to enjoy, including some much needed sparkling visual updates on a few of our older creatures. We also made some changes to the harpoon mechanics to make it less rubberband-y and more rope-y. Enjoy!
* Fixed smelter issue when a very long time has passed since visiting (10000 days)
* 30s Pre world save warning added
* Stone stair physics fix
* Inventory screen gamepad focus fix
* Large-creature visual overhaul (troll, boss-2 & boss-3)
* Troll ragdoll material fix
* Harpoon mechanics overhauled
* Engine updated (some stability improvements)
* Draugr archer visual fixes (1 & 2 star draugrs sometimes got the wrong material)
* Fixed issues when crafting station is destroyed while in use
* Creature group spawning adjusted to avoid spawning over total limit (in some cases)
* Credits updated
* Localization updates
The model updates were exciting news from the start; so, it’s great to see the model updates arrive so quickly after their initial announcement.
The Elder, Bonemass, and Troll model updates look great, and they’re all available in the game now. Bonemass’s model update, in particular, is a great addition because it not only improves the initial model but also adds to the character’s lore and feel in the overall game.
Seeing improvements made to the game’s engine, no matter how minor, is fantastic. Not only is the Valheim team tackling big-ticket items like optimization, but they’re also working on much smaller things, which, from a smaller team, is great to see.
The game definitely had some optimization issues at launch, and it’s nice to see them continually making improvements on not only the major aspects of the game, but the smaller stuff, too.
I love the progress made so quickly by the developers here. It’s great to see effort poured into the major aspects of Valheim and the smaller aspects like character models. So, with the current track record of updates to Valheim, what else do you think in in the pipeline with updates?
Are you excited to see more updates in the future for Valheim, and what do you think of the new character model updates? Let us know in the comments!
For all things Valheim, keep it here.